Valentine’s Day on a Budget
Published by The Coupon Marketplace on 13th Feb 2023
Valentine’s day is here and love is in the air. Showing adoration for those you love shouldn’t break the bank. Sometimes, the most heartfelt gifts are those that you craft yourself or the quality time spent together. Whether you are celebrating with your significant other, friends, or kids, we have gathered some budget friendly Valentine’s Day ideas to impress your date (and your wallet).
- DIY Dinner and Movie – Pick a flick and prepare a dish from the movie to recreate at home. Settle in and enjoy dinner and a movie at your convenience. This is a great option for families. Choose a kid-friendly film, like Ratatouille, and have fun in the kitchen while enjoying the film. If a big dinner is too daunting, choose a favorite snack or a treat inspired by your movie choice. This option is best if everyone works together to make the food. [Find Food Coupons Here]
- DIY Snack Mix and Quality Time – Plan a hike, a play date in the park, or cue up Netflix and make your sweetie a Valentine theme snack mix. For a sweet and salty treat, on a baking sheet, toss together popcorn, Chex cereal, mini pretzels, Valentine’s M&M’s (red, pink, white), and drizzle with melted white chocolate. Let set until the drizzle hardens. Get creative with your mix-ins or add colorful sprinkles. [Find Coupons for Snack Mix Here]
- Create Your Own Cards. Break out the construction paper and glue! Get as creative or simple as you wish by creating your own love notes. Cut out hearts in different colors and sizes and create a collage. Write little notes on each colored heart like the candy conversation hearts. If you are less artsy, there are hundreds of free printables online to print a cute card for your sweetie.
- Opt for a Take-Out Dinner. Going out for a romantic dinner is a common Valentine’s tradition, but it may be a little cheaper to order take-out and eat at home. Many restaurants offer discounts for take away orders and you won’t have to tip a waiter. Skip the stress and crowds by ordering take-out on your way home and enjoy quality family time around the table. [Find Restaurant Coupons Here]
- Coffee Connection. Boost your Valentine’s morning with their favorite latte, coffee, or hot tea. Whether you are making your own brew or stopping by the coffee shop, a small cup of Joe is a great way to show you care. Have the barista write a cute note on the cup, or write one yourself to make your loved one smile. [Find Coffee Coupons Here]
- Think Simple and Save - Thinking simpler can equal savings -- and a more heartfelt date. A picnic in the park with homemade food is not only romantic and intimate, but cost effective. A nature walk can boost your mood and your body. If you have kids, have them search for things that represent love in nature.
- Change the Date – This year, Valentine’s falls on a weeknight. Hold off on your romantic plans until the weekend. Celebrate with brunch or lunch, instead of an expensive dinner. Also, waiting to buy flowers, cards, and candy after the holiday is a great way to save. Most stores have all Valentine’s items at 50-70% off the day after. So, pushing your rendezvous until the weekend will give you a chance to find those discounts. [Find Candy Coupons Here]
- Gift Cards –Spread your love with the gift of savings! Teach your favorite people how to use coupons and treat them to a gift card from The Coupon Marketplace. Help your loved ones start this Valentine’s Day off right with grocery savings. [Find Gift Cards Here]
We hope this list of ways to celebrate Valentine’s Day on a budget is helpful and maybe even jogged a few inexpensive ideas of your own. Remember, time spent with loved ones is invaluable and whether you’re in a relationship or unattached, we hope your day is filled with love and adoration. Happy Valentine’s Day!